Outside the Lines Consulting and Indivisible Westchester welcome artists living and/or working in Westchester County to participate in an open call to take action through art.
The goal of the exhibition is to invite artists to express their views on the current political climate of the United States, and through these works of art inspire people to be motivated to activate change. The goal of the exhibition is to ask “what are you doing? or what can you/we do?” to change and effect the current situations in America. The exhibition wants to present a realistic state of the union, and also give people hope in what we can do as individual citizens to influence and advocate for the future.
Possible themes artists can use for inspiration are, but not limited to:
- Civil Rights
- Human Rights
- Environmental Justice
- Social Justice
- Gun Violence
Eligibility: All artists living and/or working in Westchester County are eligible to apply.
Artist Submission Date: Monday, March 4th, 2019
Artist Confirmation Date: After a juried panel reviews works artists will be notified of acceptance by Monday, March 11th, 2019
**There is a $50 per work acceptance fee to participate in the exhibition .
Exhibition Dates: April 5 – June 21, 2019
- Artwork of all media is welcome
- Artwork can be pre-existing and/or site-specific to the exhibition
- Artists are responsible for all transport
- Outside the Lines is responsible for installation and deinstallation of artwork
- Outside the Lines and Indivisible Westchester will jury, select and approve all artworks and installation
- All artwork will be installed in the gallery, works need to be hanging ready when dropped off
- This is a juried exhibition
- Select participating artists will be asked their availability to gallery sit during the run of the exhibition
- Select participating artists will be asked their availability to lead workshops for the public during the run of the exhibition
- Artwork will be for sale while displayed at the gallery – If the artist sells any artwork directly to a purchaser through contacts established initially through the gallery, then the gallery shall be entitled to a commission of 10% percent of the selling price
- The artist will be required to sign a contract/consignment agreement with Outside the Lines to confirm their participation in the exhibition (provided to artist for review upon acceptance).
How to apply: Please send the following application, CV, and 5 examples of your work as JPEGS.
Submission Guidelines: Please submit your application and CV in PDF form as well as JPEGS of your work to Carol S. Ward, at email@example.com